The PDF file below covers the chapter Learning Social Science at Upper Primary Level 3 – Issues in Pedagogy of Social Sciences. The specific topics and contents of the file are listed below.
This study material is useful for the study and revision of the essential and important concepts of Child Development & Pedagogy, Mathematics Pedagogy, EVS Pedagogy, Social Science Pedagogy and Language Pedagogy for CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2 and other teaching exams, such as KVS, TET, REET, DSSSB, UPTET, MPTET, MahaTET, APTET, TSTET, RTET, HTET KARTET, TNTET and PSTET.
Check out the MagicExam.com - CTET & Teaching Exams Study Material page for other preparation books from this series.We have answered and solved the questions from various CTET question papers 1 and 2 on our YouTube channel.
Subscribe to MagicExam YouTube channel for free videos on CTET 2023 and 2024, KVS, TET, REET, DSSSB, UPTET, MPTET, MahaTET, APTET, TSTET, RTET, HTET, PSTET and other teaching exam preparation, solved question papers, syllabus analysis, result related news and other information videos.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback - please post them as YouTube comments under the specific videos and we will clarify or reply as soon as possible.
Contents covered in this part of the PDF book under Learning Social Science at Upper Primary Level 3 – Issues in Pedagogy of Social Sciences
Unit 6 : Understanding The Nature Of Learner And The Local Context
- 6.0 Introduction
- 6.1 Learning Objectives
- 6.2 India’s Socio-Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- 6.2.1 Religious Diversity
- 6.2.2 Linguistic Diversity
- 6.3 How Learners Understand Social Science Issues
- 6.3.1 Active Involvement: Learning requires the active, constructive involvement of the learner.
- 6.3.2 Social Participation
- 6.3.3 Meaningful Activities
- 6.3.4 Relating new Information to Prior Knowledge
- 6.4 Cognitive Development and Concept Formation
- 6.4.1 Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development
- 6.4.2 Concept Formation among Learners
- 6.5 Approaches to Pedagogy
- 6.5.1 Designing Instructions: Use of Critical Pedagogy
- 6.6 Let us Sum up
- 6.7 Suggested Readings and References
- 6.8 Unit- End Exercises
Unit 7 : Teaching Learning Strategies
- 7.0 Introduction
- 7.1 Learning Objectives
- 7.2 Expected General Features of a Learner Centered Social Sciences Class
- 7.3 Factors determining the selection of a strategy
- 7.4 Teaching–Learning Strategies
- 7.4.1. Role Play
- 7.4.2. Project Method
- 7.4.3. Dramatization
- 7.4.4. Cooperative Learning
- 7.4.5. Concept Mapping
- 7.4.6 Critical Pedagogy
- 7.4.7 Problem Solving
- 7.4.8 Experiential Learning
- 7.4.9 Narration / Story Telling
- 7.4.10 Field Trip
- 7.4.11 Discussion Method
- 7.4.12 Map Based Learning
- 7.5 Let Us Sum Up
- 7.6 Suggested Readings and References
- 7.7 Unit-End Exercises
Unit 8 : Learning Resources In Social Sciences
- 8.0 Introduction
- 8.1 Learning Objectives
- 8.2 Learning Resources: Concept, Need and Importance
- 8.3 Type of Learning Resources
- 8.3.1 Realia and Diorama
- 8.3.2 Maps and globes
- 8.3.3 Models
- 8.3.4 Graphs, charts & cartoons
- 8,3.5 Timelines
- 8.3.6 Books
- 8.3.7 Newspapers Clippings
- 8.3.8 Museum
- 8.3.9 Movies
- 8.3.10 Internet
- 8.3.11 School and Community as Learning Resources
- 8.4 Development of Learning Resources
- 8.5 Management of Learning Resources
- 8.6 Let us sum up
- 8.7 Suggested Readings and References
- 8.8 Unit End Exercise
Unit 9 : Assessment In Social Sciences
- 9.0 Introduction
- 9.1 Learning Objectives
- 9.2 Assessment in Social Sciences – Basics
- 9.2.1 Why should Children be assessed?
- 9.2.2 What should be assessed?
- 9.2.3 When should assessment be done?
- 9.2.4 How should Assessment be done?
- 188.8.131.52 Collecting information about children
- 184.108.40.206 Recording of Information
- 220.127.116.11 Interpretation of Gathered Information
- 9.3 Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE): Background
- 9.3.1 Concept of CCE
- 9.3.2 Objectives of CCE
- 9.3.3 Areas of Learner Assessment
- 18.104.22.168 Evaluation in Curricular Areas
- 22.214.171.124 Evaluation in Other Curricular Areas
- 126.96.36.199 Evaluation of Socio-Personal Qualities (SPQ)
- 9.4 Method of Assessment
- 9.4.1 Indicators of Assessment
- 9.4.2 Alternative Assessment
- 188.8.131.52 Assessing through Creative Writing, Acting and Dancing
- 184.108.40.206 Picture Reading Tasks for Assessment
- 220.127.116.11 Children’s Drawing
- 18.104.22.168 Field Visit
- 22.214.171.124 Portfolio Assessment
- 126.96.36.199 Rubrics for Performance-Based Assessment
- 9.5 Grading vs. Marking System
- 9.5.1 Use of Grades
This study material was originally published on the National Institute of Open Schooling – NIOS website as part of the study material for the Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) programme.
If you have any questions or doubts related to Learning Social Science at Upper Primary Level 3 – Issues in Pedagogy of Social Sciences or other topics under Child Development & Pedagogy, Mathematics, EVS, Social Science or other subjects for CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2 and other similar teaching exams, such as KVS, TET, REET, DSSSB, UPTET, MPTET, MahaTET, APTET, TSTET, RTET, HTET, KARTET, TNTET and PSTET, you can contact us through the comments section of any video on the MagicExam YouTube channel.
Check out the MagicExam.com - CTET, TET and other Teaching Exams Study Material page for other preparation books and material from this series.We have answered and solved the questions from various CTET previous question papers 1 and 2 on our YouTube channel.
Subscribe to MagicExam YouTube channel for free videos on CTET 2023 and 2024, KVS, TET, REET, DSSSB, UPTET, MPTET, MahaTET, APTET, TSTET, RTET, HTET, PSTET and other Teaching exam preparation, solved question papers, syllabus analysis, result related news and other information videos.